GSE engineers perform Fire Protection analysis and design services for nuclear power plants, applying both deterministic and probabilistic rules and methods. Fire Protection is unique in that it consists of not only a regulatory-required program, but also a collection of individual systems and components.
Our fire protection engineering team provides engineering studies and conceptual designs, develops equipment specifications and design change packages, and coordinates with equipment vendors to deliver solutions for various system problems.
Our fire protection engineers also work with independent testing laboratories and material vendors to establish and qualify custom solutions for unique plant configurations, including combination fire and flood rated penetrations seals for an array of complex penetration geometries. Our hands-on approach to managing full-scale test programs allow our engineers to gain valuable insights to material performance under actual fire and flood conditions. In addition, our fire protection engineering staff maintains their technical edge through continuing education and service to industry organizations including SFPE, NFPA, ASTM and IEEE.
Fire Protection Licensing & Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance Audits & Assessments
- Fire Protection Program Audits & Assessments
- NEIL Loss Control Compliance Audits & Assessments
Fire Protection Programs
- Deterministic Fire Protection Programs (10CFR 50 Appendix R)
- Risk-Informed/Performance-Based Fire Protection Programs (NFPA 805)
- Pre-Fire Planning
- Combustible Loading Tracking & Permitting
- Design Basis Documents
Evaluation & Analysis Services
- Fire Hazards Analysis / Fire Safety Analysis
- NFPA Code Compliance Evaluations
- Smoke Effects Analysis
- Fire Modeling & Zone of Influence Calculations
- Life Safety Code Assessments
- Fire Protection Engineering Equivalency Evaluations
Design & Qualification Services
- Passive Barriers & Features
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Design & Equipment Specifications
Maintenance, Testing, and Surveillance Services
- Preventative Maintenance Strategies
- EDG Preventative Maintenance Program
- Test Procedures
- Test Plans
- Surveillance Procedures
- Surveillance Reduction Analysis
As part of GSE Solutions group, GSE DP Engineering supports operational excellence in the power industry. As an Engineer-of-Choice (EOC) provider, we leverage specialized, high value industrial engineering, design and implementation to create end-to-end solutions that reduce risk and optimize performance.