The Inservice Inspection (ISI) Programs Training course focuses on regulatory and code driven Inservice Inspection related programs covering both introductory bases and detailed requirements and is intended for Engineering Programs personnel that are responsible for managing, developing, implementing, and maintaining Inservice Inspection, Risk-Informed Inservice Inspection, Containment Inspection, System Pressure Testing, Repair/Replacement, and other related Augmented Inspection Programs.
Managing a power plant’s various Engineering Programs requires an in-depth understanding of the Regulatory and Code requirements, of the typical parts that comprise an efficient/compliant Program, and of the types of tools needed to optimize implementation and controls of the Program. This course is designed to provide an initial overview of Inservice Inspection (ISI) Programs and the governing Regulations and ASME Code, BPV Section XI, as well as typical related augmented and owner inspection programs. Detailed requirements for Inservice Inspection, Risk-Informed ISI, Containment Inspection, System Pressure Testing, and Repair/Replacement programs will be covered. Regulatory requirements and guidance documents will be discussed, key components of a thorough program will be reviewed, and comprehensive practical applications and examples will be presented in an interactive manner.
Specific topics covered in this training include the following:
- Background, history, and overview of the Inservice Inspection related Programs
- Federal Regulations and the use of Section XI Code, Code Cases, and Interpretations
- Regulatory Requirements including Conditions, Prohibitions, and Limitations
- Seeking Relief from 10CFR50.55a and Section XI Code Requirements
- Risk-Informed Inservice Inspection Program Options, Applications, and Optimization
- Introduction to 10CFR50.69 Alternate Treatment Options and Implementation
- Licensing Bases and Augmented Inspection Programs
- Classification of Components for Application of Section XI Requirements
- ISI Program Development Process and 10-Year Interval Implementation, Closeout, and Updates
- Program Plans and Schedules, Program Support Documents, and Program Tools
- Program Controls, Ownership, and Maintenance
- Interface with other Engineering Programs (e.g., OM Code, App. J Leak Rate Testing, Buried Piping)
The curriculum has been designed to meet common student needs – regardless of experience level. Daily modules are organized to be topic area specific for various program owner duties.
|Mon||8am – 5pm (MST)||Module 1: Introduction to Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components|
|Tues||8am – 5pm (MST)||Module 2: Inservice Inspection (ISI) of Class 1, 2, and 3 Components, and Risk-Informed Inservice Inspection (RI-ISI) Applications|
|Wed||8am – 5pm (MST)||Module 3: Repair/Replacement Activities for Code Classed Nuclear Power Plant Components|
|Thurs||8am – 5pm (MST)||Module 4: Containment Inservice Inspection (CISI) of Class MC Metal and CC Concrete Containment Components|
|Fri||8am – 2pm (MST)||Module 5: System Pressure Testing (SPT) of Class 1, 2, and 3 Pressure Retaining Components and Buried Piping|
|Fri||4pm – 7pm (MST)||Post (Optional) Based solely on interest and travel plans, trip to Telluride, or the Black Canyon, and dinner|
Classes forming now
Attendees can also elect to sign up on an ala carte basis for an individual training module(s).
Module 1: $900
Module 2: $700
Module 3: $700
Module 4: $700
Module 5: $500
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Completion for 3.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits to qualify for 38 Professional Development Hours (PDH) needed to fulfill Professional Engineers continuing education requirements. The credits will be awarded without authorization. It is the attendee’s responsibility to keep and present the certificate to any organization that requires such.
ABOUT GSE ENGINEERING
GSE Engineering is a highly experienced team focused on creating innovative ways to meet our customers’ needs using a combination of our industry-leading services and products. The GSE Programs & Performance group (Formerly True North Consulting) leverages decades of specialized expertise in thermal performance and engineering programs that refine and update systems, to optimize performance and safety.